Sri Lanka was one of the first countries to recognize the People’s Republic of China. China and Sri Lanka both shares a deep history together and the relationship have fostered in recent years with many chinese investments making their way to Sri Lanka. China is perhaps the biggest development partner with Sri Lanka as of 2015 with many development projects being undertaken in recent years. Furthermore, China was also one of the first countries to extend military level cooperation towards Sri Lanka.
China is well known around the world as an emerging if not existing superpower and a global economic giant. China is also the home to many of the worlds manufacturing ranging from needles to even aircrafts. The chinese history is also a fascinating tale with its ancient kingdoms and dynasties.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees -
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty goods are subject to consumptions tax and sales tax (VAT)
· Duty rates fluctuate from 0% to 100%, with an average duty rate of 12.47%.
· However, certain goods are exempted from duty
· Goods imported into China are subject to VAT at a standard rate of 17% with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· Duty and VAT will be waived provided it the sum of the two is below RMB 50
· Consumption tax is imposed inter-alia on imports of alcohol, petrol, jewellery and cars. The relevant rates are between 1% and 45%
Certain goods are exempted from duty and tax.
· All samples and advertising goods valued at or below 50 CNY
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Personal effects of value upto CNY 1,000
· Weapons, simulation weapons, ammunition and explosives
· Forged currency or securities.
· Presswork, films, photos, movies, audiotapes, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, computer storage devices and other things that could do harm to China’s politics, economy, culture and morality.
· Poison and addictive drugs.
· Food, drugs or other things that could do harm to humans and animals, and are infectious or from epidemic areas
· All living animals (excluding dogs and cats)
· Uncooked or cooked meat
· Plants and plant products
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!