Sri Lanka and Malaysia relationships started with Sri Lanka being the prime access point for Bay of Bengal. The trade connections between Sri Lanka and malaysia can be traced back to a few centuries. In modern times diplomatic relations were established in 1957. Malaysia is one of the most important trade partners of Sri Lanka with forecasts of trade relations reaching US$ 1 Billion in 2015. Malaysia's imports from Sri Lanka amounts to around US$ 169 million as of recent times.
Malaysia is famous for its tourism industry. It has been a popular destination for tourists due its wonderful beaches and rich wildlife. Its also the home to one of the largest manmade structures of the world in Petronas Twin Towers.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Duty rates in Malaysia vary from 0% to 50%, with an average duty rate of 5.74% however some goods are exempted from duty.
· Imports are subject to a 6% GST tax based on the CIF value ,duty and any excise if applicable
· Imports with a value upto MY$ 500 are exempt of duty, with the exception of alcohol, wine and tobacco products from USA
· Excise duty will be payable on goods such as tobacco or alcohol.
Certain goods are subject to exemptions from duty and tax
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Imports for non-dutiable authorities and organizations
· Counterfeit items
· Explosive material
· Live animals
· Weapons and ammunition
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!