Sri Lanka and Norway has been partners in Sri Lanka's peace keeping efforts and also Norway is heavily involved with commitments in Sri Lanka's development programmes in various sectors. Norway also had played a significant role in offering expertise on fishing sector to National Aquatic Resources Agency of Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka and Norway also has many private sector investments resulting in over more than 100 companies being involved in joint ventures.
Norway was the home to the Vikings in ancient times and continuing that tradition is considered a country with huge expertise in fishing industry. Norway is also home to large quantities of natural gas which supplements their economy greatly. Norway also constantly ranks around the most livable countries in the world.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees
- The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
- Duty rates in Norway vary from 0% to 25%, with the average duty rate at 1.06%.
- Some goods are free from duty and taxes
- VAT is levied on imports at a standard rate of 25% with certain goods attracting reduced VAT rates
- Imports with a CIF value up to 350.00 are exempt from duty and VAT.
- Other import fee may be charged on the import of certain goods at a rate of 0.5% on the CIF value.
- Excise duty will be payable on goods such as tobacco or alcohol
Certain goods are exempt from Duty and taxes
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Imports for non-dutiable authorities and organizations
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Dangerous goods as defined by IATA
- Food, non-perishable
- Medical products and prescription drugs (without approval from Norwegian doctors)
- Shoes (made in Taiwan)
- Wireless telephones (electronic and remote control)
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!