Modern Sri Lankan and South African relations have only begun in relatively soon after end of Apartheid in South Africa in 1994. South African diplomatic mission commenced its operation in Colombo in 2007. Sri Lank has been a staunch supporter in the anti apartheid movement since the early 1970's. Sri Lanka and South Africa continues to strengthen bilateral relations in various trade, development and humanitarianism.
South Africa is known as the Rainbow nation as a metaphor for Unity existing in South Africa among various ethnicities. South Africa is also considered home to some of the world’s finest diamond mines.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees -
· Duty and import tax calculation method is by Free on Board(FOB) which means both duty and taxes are calculated exclusively on the value of the goods
· However, some duties are part based on value and part based in quantity.
· Certain goods maybe subject to Anti Dumping taxes or Sales taxes (VAT)
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% to 45%, with an average duty rate of 18.74%.
· VAT applies at a standard rate of 14% of the sum of FOB value, duty and excise payable and a 10% upliftment of the FOB value.
Certain goods are exempted from customs duties and VAT (Please contact us to verify if your goods can qualify for this)
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Books and printed matter
- Narcotic and habit-forming drugs in any form
- Fully automatic, military and unnumbered weapons, explosives and fireworks
- Poison and other toxic substances
- Cigarettes with a mass of more than 2kg per 1000
- Goods to which a trade description or trademark is applied in contravention of any Act (for example, counterfeit goods – see below)
- Unlawful reproductions of any works subject to copyright
- Prison-made and penitentiary-made goods
- Counterfeit goods
Useful Customs Forms
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!