"Home of the Big Ben stands as a the proud embodiment of punctuality… And We strive to give the same value for you and your needs." Sri Lanka and United Kingdom established its formal trade links when Sri Lanka was a British colony and the influence of the British can be seen even today in the commercial sector in areas such as banking, Insurance and most notably Shipping. UK is Sri Lanka's second biggest export marker after US. UK is also the second biggest market for Sri Lanka's textile industry. UK is also home to a number of items that is imported to Sri Lanka over the years such as steel, Pharmaceutical products and beverages and spirits to name a few.
Courier.lk currently exports over 250 Kg daily to the UK which comes from a diverse range of goods. Our team of experts ensures that no matter the type of goods you want to be sent, they all reach their destination in time and in safety.
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Collection Point Delivery
We also operate a collection point delivery to facilitate the needs of both Business and Consumer customers by delivering to our collection offices. The receiver can then pick them at their convenience. Delivery to Collection points enables the consumers to not go out their way to receive a parcel as it will be safely stored in the collection point until it is picked up.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees -
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· The duty rates applicable typically range between 0% and 17% , however for goods originated in certain countries there would be an additional duty which is significantly higher.
· The standard rate of VAT imposed on imported goods into UK is 20%
· VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.
· Duty is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed £135 or if the amount of duty payable does not exceed £9.
· VAT is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed £15
· Excise duty will be payable on goods such as tobacco or alcohol
· Additional customs fees maybe incurred on occasion to cover the expenses of any verification or examination of goods.
Certain goods are exempted from customs duties and VAT (Please contact us to verify if your goods can qualify for this)
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Personal Effects ( used more than six months)
· Books and printed matter
· Live Animal & Plants
· Weapons ( guns , knives , axe, etc metal items )
· Cash – Active Credit Cards
· Gems & Jewelry
· Any Liquid item (Oil /Paint / chemicals etc )
· Meat Items
· Cologne and Spray
· Wood (Wallapatta /Sandalwood / Ebony )
· Dry Fish ( Sea Leech /Sea Horse)
· All Fresh Fruits& Nuts
Please note that these goods won't be accepted for Courier services and if found guilty you may be held liable for penalties and fines. If you want further consultation please contact our offices.
Certain goods such as follows require approval forms for the relevant authorities before importing to UK.
· Medicines- Subject for Doctor’s prescription & Reports
· Phones - Telecom Approve
· Passport - Immigration
· Machinery – Supporting Document
· Spare Parts – Supporting Document
· Antique Items – Receipts & Timber Corporation
· Identity Card / Driving License (local)
LIMITED ITEMS for COURIER:
· Dry Fish ( Allowed 3 kg for personal use)
· Spices ( Allowed 5 kg for personal use each item)
· Sweets /Wheat/Rice (Each Allowed 5 kg)
· Branded Food & Nuts ( 2kg)
Above listed items are subject for mentioned weight and should not exceed the limit at any given time.
Useful Customs Forms
- Personal Effects Form
- Economic operator registration and Identification (EORI) Form (non-registered)
- Economic operator registration and Identification (EORI) Form (registered)
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!