Sri Lanka and Bangladesh relations formally began in 1972 and in 1979 Sri Lanka set up its High Commission in Bangladesh. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh are both very prominent members in regional organizations such as SAARC. Both countries have long held very close ties with signings of many bilateral agreements from trade to military cooperation.
Bangladesh is a well-known country around the world for its rich flora and fauna. It has been said that Bangladesh has a bio diversity level which many countries combined together does not possess.
Courier.lk handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well-known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty goods maybe subject to VAT, Supplementary Duty, Regulatory duty, Advance Trade VAT and Advance Income Tax.
· VAT is applicable at a standard rate of 15% on the sum of the CIF value, applicable duty, supplementary duty and regulatory duty.
· Supplementary duty may vary between 0% and 500% on certain goods on the sum of the CIF value and corresponding duty.
· Regulatory duty is applicable on certain products at 5% calculated on the sum of the CIF value, the corresponding duty, and the supplementary duty if applicable.
· Advance Trade VAT is applicable at 4% calculated on the sum of the CIF value and corresponding duty.
· Advance Income Tax is applicable at 5% calculated on the sum of the CIF value and corresponding duty.
Certain goods are exempted from duty and taxes.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Raw materials for medicine Bangladesh destined for companies holding industrial license
· swine and swine products
· waste products
· reconditioned office equipment
· Counterfeit products
· Dangerous goods as defined by IATA
· Pornographic materials
· Arms and explosives
· Leather (wet blue)
· Ice (wet)
· Jewelry containing precious metals
· Metals, precious
· Human body parts
· Live animals