Diplomatic relations between Belgium and Sri Lanka go as far back as 1959. However, Belgian priests and nuns played a vital role in Sri Lanka in 17th Century by engaging in teaching and other religious activities. Among recent activities there is a number of Agreements entered into ranging from Development, Avoidance of double taxation and maritime transport.
Belgium is most renowned for Chocolates and world famous Belgian Waffles. It also serves as the Capital of the European union.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes are calculated on the CIF value. (the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance)
· Duty rates range from 0% to 17%. However certain electronic goods are free of duty.
· Certain goods maybe subject to additional duties based on the country of manufacture.
· The standard VAT rate for importing items into Belgium is 21%. VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.
· Duty is not charged if the FOB value (value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost) does not exceed €150.
· VAT is not charged if the FOB value does not exceed €22.
· Excise duty is payable on for tobacco and alcohol.
- Additional customs fees maybe charged to cover expenses of any required examinations or inspections.
Certain goods are exempted from tax and duty.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Used personal effect
· Meat and milk and any items thereof from non-EU countries
· Protected species and products
· Pornographic material