Bilateral diplomatic relation between Sri Lanka and Brazil initiated in 1960 and in 2001 Sri Lankan embassy in Brazil was opened. Brazil has been the first diplomatic posting by Sri Lanka to a South American country. Bilateral trade has been growing between the two countries surpassing the USD 137 million mark in 2013. Over the same period Brazil imports from Sri Lanka has risen to USD 47 million. Brazil is known around the world for its soccer culture and mesmerizing players it has produced. Brazil is also the home to the world’s biggest rainforest, Amazon.
The magic of Brazil lies in its diverse culture, our magic lies in our service.
Courier.lk currently handles over
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Imports are also subject to a State sales tax (ICMS) a type of a federal tax (PIS PASEP and COFINS), and excise tax on certain goods.
· Some additional charges such as storage fee, air handling fee, airport fee, and declaration fee may also be applicable.
· Duty rates fluctuate between 05 to 35% with the average being 22.77%.
· Imports by courier valued up to to US$3,000 are subject to a flat Import Tax of 60% on CIF value of the import as well as a sales tax (ICMS) at 18% of the sum of CIF value and import tax.
· Sales tax vary depending on the state, Rio De Janeiro charges 19%, Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais and Parana charges around 18% with all other states applying 17% sales tax.
· Imports with up to US$50 where the sender and consignee are private individuals are exempt from duty and taxes.
Certain goods are exempted from customs duties and VAT (Please contact us to verify if your goods can qualify for this)
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Books and printed matter
· Narcotics and illegal drugs
· Cigarettes or alcoholic beverages produced by Brazilian companies, but destined only for foreign markets
· Counterfeit money and goods
· Pornographic materials
· Used goods
Furthermore, all products that present irregular documentation or that were imported without legal authorization from the consenting agencies are prohibited to enter Brazil.