Costa Rica is located in Central America and is world famous for its jungles and exotic surfing hotspots. It’s also well known for its famous Coffee products. Costa Rica is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty goods are also subject to Sales Tax, Consumption Tax, GE (VAT on estimated earnings), Golfito Tax and Law 6946
· Sales tax is applicable on a standard rate of 13% with certain goods attracting a reduced rate
- Consumption Tax is applicable on some goods at rates between 0% and 95% calculated on the sum of the CIF value and the duty.
- GE (VAT on estimated earnings) is applicable on some goods at rates between 0% and 125% calculated on the sum of the CIF value, duty, Consumption Tax, Law 6946, and Agrar Tax if applicable,
- Golfito Tax (Tourism Development tax) is applicable on most goods at rates between 1% and 30% calculated on the sum of the CIF value and the duty.
- Law 6946 (National Emergency Law) is applicable on all imports at rates between 0% and 1% calculated on the sum of the CIF value and the duty.
Certain goods are exempted from duty and tax
- Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
- Diplomatic goods
- All narcotics and illegal drugs of any kind
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition
- Used tires
- Pornographic material
- Any and all animal or agricultural products
· Large appliances such as TVs, refrigerators, and washing machines
· Alcoholic beverages, tobacco and food products