Sri Lankan and Finland relations date back to when Finland recognized Sri Lanka on 21 June 1950. Diplomatic relations established on 24 September 1954. There is growing interest on Sri Lanka for investments in the trade sector by Finland based companies.
Finland is most famous for its many lakes surpassing the number of 200,000. One of the most iconic companies to come out of Finland has been Nokia, the mobile phone manufacturer.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· The duty rates applicable typically range between 0% and 17%, however for goods originated in certain countries there would be an additional duty which is significantly higher.
· The standard VAT rate for importing items into Finland is 24% with certain goods attracting reduced VAT rates.
· Duty is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €150 or if the amount of duty payable on a consignment does not exceed €10
· VAT is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €22 or if VAT payable on a consignment does not exceed €5.
- Excise duty is payable on for example tobacco and alcohol.
· Additional customs fees maybe incurred on occasion to cover the expenses of any verification or examination of goods.
Certain goods are exempted from customs duties and VAT (Please contact us to verify if your goods can qualify for this)
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Imports for non-dutiable authorities and organizations
· Monetary items including currency, fake money, and coins
· Narcotics and drugs
· Products of animal origin, not originating from an EU Member State