In a country where there are no speed limits on the AutoBahn we don’t aim to be slow. Sri Lanka and Germany shares a long reaching relationship with each other expanding over 60 years. Germany has been one of the principle donors and development partners with Sri Lanka since the 1950's. Germany is also the third biggest export market for Sri Lanka. 2014 marked a sharp rise of imports to Germany from Sri Lanka worth upto EUR 473.3 Million. Beyond the economic aspect, Germany is also traditionally been one of the most important factors in Sri Lanka's tourism industry. In 2014 alone, more than 100,000 tourists visited Sri Lanka from Germany.
Germany is known for its rich heritage and of course Oktoberfest which has grown to be a global festive occasion. Germany is also the home to one of world's largest speedway networks and coincidentally home to some of the most revered automobile manufacturers.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you're in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees -
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· The duty rates applicable typically range between 0% and 17% , however for goods originated in certain countries there would be an additional duty which is significantly higher.
· The standard VAT rate for importing items into Germany is 19% however the VAT is reduced for certain goods.
· VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due.
· Duty is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €150
· VAT is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €22
· Both duty and VAT is not charged if sum of duty and VAT payable does not exceed €5
· Excise duty will be payable on goods such as tobacco or alcohol
· Additional customs fees maybe incurred on occasion to cover the expenses of any verification or examination of goods.
Certain goods are exempted from customs duties and VAT (Please contact us to verify if your goods can qualify for this)
· Raw materials for manufacturing in Germany destined for companies holding industrial license
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Personal Effects ( used more than six months)
· Narcotics and Drugs
· Counterfeit products
· pornographic material
· All Media featuring "unconstitutional content"
· Plants and Pets
· Prescription drugs
· Food and drinks
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!