India has been Sri Lanka’s neighbor and the relations between the countries span centuries perhaps even more. Sri Lanka’s history and culture has gained influence from the Indian counterparts in this long lasting relationship especially with regards to Buddhism among many other great cultural heritages. India is currently a close partner in Sri Lanka with commitments in industrial sectors such as natural gas, Power plants and even transportation. India approximately allocated 1/6 of its development credit to Sri Lanka.
India is known around the world for its rich and diverse cultural heritage perhaps best portrayed by the unique film industry. India is a country which is fast gaining a foothold as a superpower in the modern world also as a industrial country.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· In addition to duty, imports are subject to other taxes and charges such as Landing Charge, Countervailing Duty, CESS, and CEX
· Duty rates in india can be either a percentage of value or a specific rupee per unit value.
· Duty rates range from 0% to 150% with an average of 11.9% however some goods are not subject to duty.
Other taxes and custom fees
- Landing Charge: 1% CIF
- Countervailing Duty (CVD): (0%, 6% or 12% (CIFD + Landing charges))
- CEX (Education & Higher Education CESS): 3% Countervailing duty
- CESS (Education + Higher Education): 3% (Duty + CEX (Education & Higher Education CESS) + Countervailing Duty)
- Additional CVD: 4% (CIFD +Landing charges + Countervailing duty + CESS + CEX (Education and Higher Education CESS))
A number of goods are exempted from customs duties. Below are some of the applied exemptions:
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Goods valued below USD 200 (as stated on the Commercial Invoice)
· Narcotics and Drugs
· Pornographic material
· Counterfeit and pirated goods
· Aero Models
· Wildlife products
· Live animals
· Sandal wood