Sri lanka and Indonesia’s ties date back early 5th Century with the spreading of Hinduism and Buddism among the sub continent. In moderen times both countries engage in trade and investments among the two countries is at great levels
Indonesia is one of the hottest tourist hotspots around world attracting mass crowds annually. It’s also the home to the last known habitat of the Comodo Dragon.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty goods are also subject to sales tax and for certain goods excise and STLG
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% – 40% with an average duty rate of 10.89%
· However certain goods are exempted from duty
· VAT is applicable at a standard rate of 10% with certain good attracting reduced rates. However this may vary depending on the type of goods
· Imports of a value upto USD 50 are exempted from duty
· Excise is applicable to alcohol and tobacco products at a rate of 275% on the sum of the CIF value and duty
· STLG (Sales Tax on Luxury Goods) is applied to certain products at rates between 10% and 75%
Certain goods are exempted from duty and tax
- Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
- Diplomatic goods
- Personal effects
· Narcotics and Drugs
· Pornographic Materials
· Politically sensitive material such as Printed papers, Pictures
· Firearms, explosives, ammunition (need special license)
· Guns, sport weapons/hunting guns (need special license)