Italy and Sri Lanka have had very close ties since the Roman Empire with emissaries of Sri Lanka visiting the emperors many times. Modern relations with Italy continues with the founding of the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Italy in 1952. Some 80,000 Sri Lankan expatriates are estimated to live in Italy.
Italy is has been the home to many proud civilizations such as Etruscans, Samnites, Phoenicians, Greeks, and the Romans. Its rich architecture retains many of the remarkable landmarks from these proud civilizations. Italy is perhaps known mostly for the many great artists, and last but not least as the home to Pizza!
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· duty rate fluctuate between 0% – 17% with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· Certain goods maybe subject to additional duties based on the country of manufacture
· The standard VAT rate applicable is 22% with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty
· Duty will not be applicable if the Value of the excluding shipping and insurance cost does not exceed €150
· VAT will not be charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €22
· Excise duty is payable on tobacco and alcohol
· Additional fees maybe charged to cover expenses of inspection or examination
Certain good are exempted from duty and taxes.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Atlantic red tuna fish (Thunnus Thynnus) originating from Belize, Panama, and Honduras
· Toys and games containing copper sulfate
· Items having a flexible metal blade entirely contained in a plastic, paper, or fabric sheath
· Illicit Narcotics and Drugs
· All forms of asbestos fibers
· L-tryptophan and any items having L-tryptophan as an ingredient
· Rubber erasers that are similar in appearance to food products that are easily ingested
· Medical thermometers containing mercury intended for human consumption
· Certain U.S. Beef hormones
· Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco substitutes
· All products containing the biocide dimethyl fumarate (DMF)
· Food Supplements/Additives & Vitamins that contains Stevia