Japan and Sri Lanka’s relations dates back many centuries with trade relations being key among them. In recent years the relations have improved drastically and Japan is one of Sri Lanka’s closest allies and a partner in many development and aid projects.Japan is also known as the Land of the Rising Sun. In modern times Japan has almost become synonyms with technology and automobile manufacturing with Japanese companies being the largest auto mobile companies in the world in sales.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty, good are subject to Consumption Tax, Excise, and other taxes on fuel products.
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% – 30% with the average duty rate at 4.49%
· Some duties are based on quantity in addition to CIF
· Japan applies a simplified duty rates for personal imports for goods worth up to JPY 200,000
· Consumption tax is levied on imports at a standard rate of 8%
· Excise duty is applicable on tobacco and alcohol products
· Duty is not charged if the CIF value does not exceed JPY10,000 or if the amount of duty payable does not exceed JPY 100
· Consumption tax is not charged if the CIF value does not exceed JPY 10,,000 or if the consumption tax payable does not exceed JPY100
Certain goods are exempted from duty and taxes.
- Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
- Diplomatic goods
- Military goods
· Firearms (pistols, etc.), ammunition (bullets) thereof, and pistol parts;
· Drugs and narcotics
· Explosives (dynamite, gunpowder, etc.);
· Precursor materials for chemical weapons;
· Germs which are likely to be used for bio-terrorism;
· Counterfeit, altered, or imitation coins, paper money, bank notes, or securities, and forged credit cards;
· Books, drawings, carvings, and any other article which may harm public safety or morals (obscene or immoral materials, e.g., pornography);
· Child pornography;
· Articles which infringe upon intellectual property rights.