Sri Lanka and Netherland relations date as far back as 1602 when Admiral Joris van Spilbergen set his foot in Sri Lanka. Many years later with the VOC Netherland became involved in Sri Lanka’s trade relations. Dutch were increasing in popularity as the royalty of Sri Lanka sought their help to oust Portuguese influence in the country. In recent times Sri Lanka and Netherland has entered into several bilateral treaties in sectors of trade and investment
Netherland is famous for its wooden clogs, windmills, Gouda cheese, tulips and canals. Its also one of the busiest tourist locations of the world. It was once known as the country of the 10,000 windmills
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% – 17% with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· Certain goods maybe subject to additional duty based on the country of manufacture
· The standard VAT rate for importing items into the Netherlands is 21% however certain goods attract lesser rates
· VAT is calculated on the value of the goods, plus the international shipping costs and insurance, plus any import duty due
· Duty is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €150 or if the amount of duty payable on a consignment does not exceed €10
· VAT is not charged if the value of the goods excluding shipping and insurance cost, does not exceed €22
· Excise is payable on tobacco and alcohol
· Additional fees maybe charged to cover expenses of inspection or examination
Certain good maybe exempted from duty and taxes.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Personal effects
· Books and printed matter (if mentioned in the Dutch turnover Tax Act 1968)
· Meat and milk and any items thereof from non-EU countries
· Protected species and products
· Counterfeit coins and bank notes, passports, etc.
· Counterfeit or pirated goods
· Fish and Fish products
· All products containing the biocide dimethyl fumarate (DMF)
Useful Customs Forms