Sri Lanka and New Zealand shares with each other a history in commonwealth as both countries were once colonies of the british empire. Trade between the two countries has risen rapidly over the past decade powered by milk powder industry.
New Zealand is famous for its proud history in the sport of rugby and for Maori culture. The maori word for New Zealand is Aotearoa which means ‘Land of the Long White Cloud’ and true to this is known as one of the most beautiful locations of the world.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts . We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the FOB value which means it is based on the value of the imported goods
· Addition to duty imports are subject to Sales Tax (GST), Import entry transaction Fee, Inward Cargo Transaction Fee
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% to 15% with an average duty of 5.11%.
· However certain goods are free from duty
· GST is levied on all products at a standard rate of 15% calculated on the sum of the value of goods, the cost of insurance and freight, plus any applicable duty, excise, ALAC (HPA) Levy, and HERA Levy.
· Duty, GST and other charges may only be charged if the sum of duty and GST amount to NZ$ or above
· Excise duty is payable on fuel, alcohol and tobacco products
Certain goods are exempted from duty and taxes.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Agricultural products and food
· Animals or fish
· Drugs or Narcotics
· Human remains or body parts
· Objectionable material