Qatar is known as the world’s richest country and in no part owing to its role in world oil production. It has been a country with levels of economic growths even surpassing 12.5 % of GDP at certain times signaling the economic growth of the country will be on an upwards trajectory.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
- Goods with declared value of more than a QAR 400 will be treated as normal cargo goods, and will require a formal customs clearance
· Duty is always applicable on dutiable goods regardless of their value.
· There are no other taxes or fees charged on imports in Qatar
Certain goods are exempted from duty and tax
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Imports for non-dutiable authorities and organizations
· Diplomatic goods
· Raw materials for manufacturing in Qatar destined for companies holding industrial license
· Used personal effects household items
· Medical supplies such as medicines and blood samples
- All items offensive to Muslim culture or sensitive to the Middle East security situation, including pork products, religious publications/figures, imitation/toy firearms, military uniforms
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials
- E-cigarettes & tobacco
- Firearms, parts of
- Furs & Ivory
- Gambling devices incl. playing cards
- Goods of Israeli origin/manufacture
- Plant products
- Precious metals & stones
- Tobacco/liquor advertisements