Sri Lanka’s diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union was first established in 1957. In the late 19th century Sri Lanka was visited by the famous authors Anton Chekov and Ivan Burnin. Since 1957, relations have steadily grown between the two nations especially in trade and development sector with Russia being involved in many such projects. Russia is also a well known education hub for Sri Lanka students who are studying abroad.
Russia is worlds only country to span two continents in Asia and Europe. Russian history and heritage also serves as reminders to a great nation.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Duty can be ad Valorem or specific based on units of measure such as weight or piece count
· Addition to duty imports are also subject to VAT
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% -100% with an average duty of 7.8%
· VAT is applicable at a standard rate of 18% on the sum of the CIF value and applicable duty with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· Personal imports which CIF value and weight does not exceed €1000 and 31 kg are free from duty and taxes
· Excise duty is payable on alcohol and tobacco products
Certain goods are exempted from duty and taxes.
- Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
- Diplomatic goods
- Imports for non-dutiable authorities and organizations
· Indecent or immoral items
· infringing and piracy items
· money of the Russian Federation and foreign currency
· any weapons, their parts, ammunition thereto and their parts similar in design with the civil and service weapons
· explosive, inflammatory substances, blasting devices and firing agents
· live animals, except bees, leeches, silkworms that require a veterinary certificate
· conventionally pathogenic and pathogenic organisms
· quickly perishable goods
· alcohol products and ethyl alcohol, beer
· any kinds of tobacco products and smoking mixes
· precious stones in any form and condition and natural diamonds, except jewelry
· narcotics, psychotropic substances and their precursors
· ozone-breaking substances
· hazardous wastes
· poisonous substances other than precursors of narcotics and psychotropic substances
· equipment for fishing/catching the aqueous biological resources
· pornographic materials