The first diplomatic relations between the two countries began in 1965. Since then both countries have entered into a number of treaties governing trade and investments. The number of tourists from Switzerland to Sri Lanka has doubled over the recent years.
Switzerland is known as one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. It is also one of the richest countries of the world. It’s famous Chocolates and Cheese is well cherished around the world signaling the fine cuisine of the swish.
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well-known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty is calculated based on weight
· Addition to duty Goods are subject to sales tax (VAT), which is calculated on the sum of the cost of goods, insurance, freight and any applicable duty (CIFD)
· Duty rates vary based on the weight however certain goods are exempted from duty.
· VAT will be applicable at a rate of 8% on the sum of the CIFD with certain goods attracting reduced rates
· Duty is not charged if duty payable does not exceed CHF5.00
· VAT is not charged if VAT payable does not exceed CHF5.00
· Excise duty is payable on tobacco and alcohol
Certain good are exempted from duty and taxes.
· Diplomatic goods
· Weapons and certain plants,
· Animals, animal products and goods subject to species protection