Thailand Sri Lanka relations date as far back as 1000 years with the spread of Buddhism. Even today the two countries are close knit with its shared history in Buddhism. In recent years Sri Lanka and Thailand has increased its trade ties with the establishment of Lanka Thailand Business Council in 2000.
Thailand is famous for many things among which tourism is the most famous. Other elements such as the cuisine, martial arts and Buddhism too have contributed greatly to Thailand’s recognition in the world
Courier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, we have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· Addition to duty goods are also subject to a sales tax (VAT), in where relevant interior tax and surcharges
· Duty rates fluctuate between 0% – 80% with an average duty of 20.93
· VAT is applicable at a standard rate of 7% on the CIF value and applicable duty
· Duty is exempted on goods worth up to 1000 THB
· Excise duty is payable on Alcohol and Tobacco goods
Certain goods are exempted from duty and taxes.
· Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
· Diplomatic goods
· Obscene objects/literature/pictures
· Pornographic materials
· Goods with Thai national flag
· Narcotics e.g., marijuana, hemp, opium, cocaine, morphine, heroin
· Fake currency, bonds, or coins
· Fake Royal Seals/official seals
· IPR infringing goods e.g. musical tape, CD, VDO, computer software, etc.
· Counterfeit trademark goods