Sri Lanka and Untied States of America has enjoyed deep rooted relations with each other with both countries proud traditions of democracy serving as a great cornerstone. US assistance to Sri Lanka since independence has exceeded $2 billion. Sri Lankan exports to US totaled $2.4 billion for 2014 billion. United States is home to some of the world’s biggest inventions and the economy is largely driven by the IT sector based in Silicon Valley. United States has served as a beacon of Democracy and has supported good governance throughout the world.
Couirier.lk currently handles around
No matter who you are, No matter where you are, We have a solution available for all your courier needs….
Based on your urgency, the type of goods or even the destination you can choose the solution that will suit you the best in consultation with our experts. We work closely with well known global suppliers such as DHL, ARAMEX, FEDEX, UPS and TOLL ensuring coverage and global standards are maintained.
Door to Door Delivery
Courier.lk offers door to door delivery throughout UK guaranteeing simplicity, convenience and affordability. Our couriers possess extensive experience and knowhow which ensures your parcels get the highest attention. Door to Door delivery comes in very handy when dealing with heavy parcels as it will be us doing the heavy lifting and delivering to the door step of the receiver.
Pick Up services
Courier.lk strives to ease the burden on the consumer and therefore we provide a pickup service for all your parcels as well. A courier will come and pick up from your doorstep or any other nominated place by you. If you’re in a rush this is an ideal solution for you as you don’t have to worry about making the drive to a Courier depot to drop off your parcel. And with the parcel tracking tools we offer, you will always have your eye on the parcel.
Import Duties and Fees –
· The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
· In addition to duty, imports may be subject to a Merchandise Processing Fee, and in some cases to sales tax, and Federal Excise Tax.
· Duty rates vary from 0% to 37.5%, with the average duty rate being 5.63%. However some goods are not subject to duty.
· Sales tax is not automatically charged on imported goods. However, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) declarations are made available to state tax representatives that may occasionally claim state taxes from the importer.
· Duty is not charged if the value of the imported goods is up to US$200.
Federal Excise tax is imposed on imports of alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
Certain goods are exempted from Duty and Tax.
- Raw materials for manufacturing in USA destined for companies holding industrial license
- Goods addressed to government or semi-government agencies
- Diplomatic goods
- Personal Effects
· Monetary items including currency, fake money, and coins
· Publications that are offensive
· Narcotics and drugs
· Counterfeit goods
· Chemical waste and nuclear waste
· Animals, plants, food items and perishable