Terms & Conditions
When ordering Courier.lk as your courier services provider you, as “Shipper”, are agreeing, on your behalf and on behalf of anyone else with an interest in the Shipment, that the Terms and Conditions shall apply from the time that Courier.lk accepts the Shipment unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized officer of Courier.lk.
Courier.lk may retain the right to perform any of the below activities
- complete any documents, amend product or service codes, and pay any duties or taxes required under applicable laws and regulations
- act as Shipper’s forwarding agent for customs and export control purposes and as Receiver solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry
- redirect the Shipment to Receiver’s import broker or other address upon request by any person who Courier.lk believes in its reasonable opinion to be authorized.
· Courier.lk reserves the right to inspect any all material to be sent via its courier services to verify that such materials does not include any prohibited material or material considered to be illegal.
· Courier.lk reserves the exclusive right to decline performance of its services to such persons or with regard to such parcels before or after inspections of materials.
· Shipper will have deemed to accept that his shipment is fit for transportations and in the event of it being proven unfit for transportations shipper in his capacity maybe liable for any inspection charges or penalties incurred.
· All services rendered by Courier.lk will be subject to governing laws of any country that it may carry out its services.
Insurance is available to all courier.lk customers for total loss of parcel (please note that no insurance is payable for damages caused to goods while being transported to the respective destinations) Insurance fee is as follows.
Rs.1000 (Rupees one thousand only) for the declare values of Rs.50,000 or less.
For declared values of over Rs.50,000 the insurance fee will be 2% of the declared value.
Limitation of Liability
The company shall not be held responsible for any sea food items, creams and prohibited items and for any customs duties or penalties or demurrage charges that would believed by any authorities / department. The Company shall not be held responsible for incorrect information or addresses given by the customers. The company or its agents at the respective destinations will not be responsible if the parcels are not claimed with 30 days of them reaching the destinations. Courier.lk liability is in any event limited to Sri Lanka rupees Ten thousand only (Rs.10,000) or less per shipment and in no event shall the liability of Courier.lk exceed that amount.